Sunday, March 14, 2010

Welcome

I am starting this blog to help me work through issues involving my gyn health that have been percolating for about six months now. I also hope that it might provide some ideas or comfort for others experiencing the same issues, as I have found a total lack of information as I have been trying to work through this process.

My current (as it has changed a few times) diagnosis is desquamative inflammatory vaginitis, otherwise known as DIV. Basically it is atrophic vaginitis in women who are not menopausal. In my case the basical symptoms are yellow discharge and painful burning that comes and goes. I also seem to be having to urinary tract issues as well recently. Current treatment involves estrace cream and a steriod cream. My doctor just took my off of my Vagifem inserts about two weeks ago. I am really nervous about this since I was feeling good while using them and feel like my symptoms are creeping back without it. I am trying to give myself some more time before I start worrying too much.

I have found that to be one of my biggest challenges so far--to try not to let my worrying about this to become all consuming. Does anyone have advice on that?

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for this blog. I stumbled upon it on accident while searching for any info about DIV. I have been suffering for a year now and feeling so depressed and lonely as a result. So thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete